- Tomblin honors Eagle
- Rebecca McPhail: Don’t radically remake the US Supreme Court
- Eagle Manufacturing Co. named WV's top manufacturing brand by HBSDealer
- BrickStreet Insurance and the West Virginia Manufacturers Association Present Inaugural Safety Award
- Governor hopefuls share visions for state
- Manufacturer’s Association conference focuses on natural gas investment
- WVMA Hosting 2016 Marcellus and Manufacturing Development Conference
- Isaac Orr: Millennials misguided on energy
The WVMA membership represents manufacturers from across the state. All manufacturers benefit from the advocacy work the association provides on behalf or our members.
We provide our members access to experts in the area of environmental protection, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, tax, safety and other areas of interest to manufacturers.
Manufacturers in West Virginia account for 9.88 percent of the total output in the state, employing 6.44 percent of the workforce. Total output from manufacturing was $7.45 billion in 2014. In addition, there were 48,500 manufacturing employees in West Virginia in 2015, with an average annual compensation of $65,653 in 2013.
Manufacturers help to drive West Virginia’s economy, with $4.27 billion in manufactured goods exports in 2014. That same year, $2.20 billion in exports was with our free trade agreement (FTA) partners. This helps create jobs in the state, and 20.60% percent of its employment stemmed from exports in 2011. Small businesses comprised 76.9 percent of all exporters in West Virginia.